This quadcopter may likely be the current and best successor to the Syma X5C. Game changer in the small cheap toy grade camera class. This is how the X5HW should have been designed. Buy it here
– Classy looking well built design. Actually seems better built than the X5C. Good quality plastic with white body with gold “CheerWing” lettering.
– Uses widely available and cheap Syma X5C batteries. Two batteries are already provided with the quadcopter 🙂
– Includes effective altitude hold.
– Altitude hold works well with flips in maintaining the quadcopter’s altitude after a flip.
– Auto takeoff and auto landing. Auto landing descent is possible even from extreme altitude. But auto landing is not a return to home. You still have to control the quadcopter’s movement and turns to your desired landing location while auto descending.
– Quadcopter will also automatically descend and land itself if transmitter signal is lost.
– Headless mode and one key return.
– Very stable flier. Excellent for video.
– 720p jello free camera.
– Low battery telemetry. The controller gives good warning by beeping when the quadcopter’s battery is low.
– The quadcopter will automatically descend and land itself at low battery (no dropping from the sky).
– Small and lightweight, does not require FAA registration.
– Very good price with all of these features.
– Camera angle is pointed slightly downward so that the horizon isn’t readily viewable.
– Binding procedure is very different than most other quadcxopters. 1) turn on trnsmitter and move throttle all the way down and then release. Notice slow blinking red light at on/off switch. 2) Then turn on the quadcopter, and place on flat and level surface. It should automatically bind to the transmitter within a few seconds. Blinking light on transmitter should turn solid indicating bind is complete.
– Careful when pressing auto takeoff and landing button. Holding this button down for 2 seconds will emergency stop the motors. It is possible to accidentally stop the motors in air with this button if you forget that the takeoff/land button is also used for emergency stop.
– Headless mode worked fine, but I could not determine how to activate one key return (even though it’s described in the manual). However, could not find this feature mentioned in the vendor’s description, and it may have been removed from the quadcopter’s features. No big loss as one key return is not normally accurate on most toy grade quadcopters (many a quad has been lost due to this feature on other quadcopters ;-).
* Equipped with 2MP (720P) HD camera to take aerial photos and videos while flying! Bring a new perspective to your photos and videos from the air. Movie resolution has been upgraded to 1280 × 720 at 30 frames per second. With removable Micro-SD (TF) card stores enough for several flights.
* ONE KEY TAKE OFF and ONE TOUCH DOWN function: allow beginner to easy to fly the drone without any skill. One Touch Down function is most important to protect the drone when it is out of control or low battery power, the drone will fly down slowly and land on the ground automatically before the motors stopping.
* Headless mode makes easier flight: Once the fuselage direction can not be recognized, it can enter headless mode so as to continue the flight. One key 360° roll, continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance.
* Hover / Altitude Hold Mode: Drone altitude specified a flight mode. Beginners easy to manipulate; Aerial photography more stable.
* 2pcs Batteries Included, double your flying time! It can be swapped or charged in place easily via USB with your power bank or car charger!
* Dimensions: 36 x 35.6 x 10.8 cm
* Aircraft Weight: 120g / 0.26lbs (no need to register with FAA)
* Camera: 2MP 720P
* Max Flight Time: 6-8 minutes
* Charging Time: Approx. 60mins
* Control distance: 50 meters (I got further range)
* Battery for quadcopter: 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery
* Battery for controller: 4 “AAA” batteries required (not included)
Package Included: 1* CW4 Quadcopter, 1* 2.4Ghz Controller, 2* 500mAh LiPo Batteries, 1* USB Battery Charger, 1* 4GB Micro-SD Card, 1* Card Reader, 4* Spare Propellers, 1* User Manual
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.