This folding Mavic clone drone produces very nice 720p HD video, and records directly to a microSD card to eliminate lag. Find it here
– Folds up to a very compact size for easy transportability.
– 720p HD camera video is recorded directly to a micro SD card inserted into the quadcopter. This eliminates WiFi lag from the recorded video. The JY UFO app is used to start and stop this recording. The camera button on the controller is inoperative.
– Real time FPV video is viewed on your smart phone via the JY UFO app available on Google Play here and iTunes here
– Flight modes include altitude hold, headless mode, one key return, automatic takeoff, and automatic landing.
– Quadcopter starts descending to an automatic landing if flown out of range. Descent will continue if reception is regained, but may be stopped by pushing up on throttle stick.
– Can only record video directly to the onboard SD card. The app does not record the WiFi FPV video to your phone. This is the first WiFi FPV flier that I’ve seen without such capability. This may be a plus though as most WiFi video is laggy with much frame dropping.
– Two antennas on the controller are fake and are cosmetic only.
– Proprietary 3.7V 500mah battery. However battery can be charged by any micro USB cable.
– Phone holder can turn off your phone if it has on/off button its side. You may need to use spacers to prevent such.
– I experienced a drop out, but it may have been due to a poorly seated battery.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.