This GPS equipped camera quadcopter may very well be the best starter drone for those interested in eventually pursuing an interest in aerial video. At around $90, it is also currently the best bang for your buck in drone capabilities with a 720p HD camera, GPS, altitude hold, position hold, and real no-kidding return to home/landing capability (none of that “one key return” baloney). Find it here
– Currently the lowest cost RTF GPS equipped quadcopter. Includes GPS position hold, altitude hold, headless mode, and real GPS return to landing.
– Small, quiet, and safe quadcopter. Very non-intrusive. Should be able to fly this most places without being hassled by authorities or disturbing your neighbors.
– Extremely easy to fly. Just ensure sufficient satellites are locked on (at least 6) before taking off. Also recommend checking hover stability for a few seconds before venturing off into the wild blue yonder. If toilet bowl hover noted, land and redo compass calibration.
– Will automatically fly back and land at its takeoff point upon activation of the return to home switch, or automatically if the quadcopter loses signal from the transmitter such as from flying out of range, from electrical interference, or if the transmitter is turned off (but don’t deliberately turn off the transmitter to test this).
– Telemetry information available on controller includes range, altitude, heading, and remaining battery power (simple bar graph for battery power).
– Includes 2MP still pictures, 720p HD video camera.
– Pretty good flight time at about 13 minutes for the “E” version (slightly less on the “S” follow me version).
– 150 grams weight. Does not require FAA registration.
– Although with very advanced features, the quadcopter also is equipped with brushed motors to minimize cost. You may need to replace a motor some day. However, as this quad also limits speed and does not have flip capability, motor durability may be greater as compared to other similar toy grade quadcopters.
– This quad is strictly for aerial video. Its GPS limits its speed and maneuvers to maintain stable gentle flying. As such, this is no “sport” quadcopter, and does not even come with a flip button (On the flip side, this is good for motor longevity 😉
– Return to landing accuracy increases with number of satellites locked on before takeoff. But taking off with only minumum satellites can result in decreased accuracy of automatic landing (I was off several meters in this video by taking off with 8 satellites).
– Does not come with needed microSD card or card reader to record and download camera’s video.
Brand Name: Hubsan
Item NO.: H502E
Item Name: Hubsan X4 H502E RC quadcopter
Quad copter Size:165*165*60mm
Weight(including the battery):140-147g
Battery: 7.4V (2S) 610mAh Li-Po Battery 35g
Built-in HD camera 720P .
Motor: coreless 0820 x4
4 LED indicators &Rubber feet
Max Flight radius:200±15 m
Flight time: around 10-12 minutes (I got 13 minutes)
Charging time: around 30-40minutes .
Transmitter battery: 4*AAA ( Not included)
Function: Headless mode ,GPS, Altitude Mode
* 4 Channel with LED light
* 6-axis gyro which can have more stable flying and be easy to control.
* Built in 720P HD camera
* With GPS auto positioning system, accurate positioning location, perfect advanced follower.
* With headless mode function,no need to adjust the position of aircraft before flying ..
* With one key return to landing function, makes it easily to find the way home.
1x H502E RC Quadcopter, 1x Transmitter, 1x Battery, 1 x Charger, 1 x User Manual
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.