This optical flow drone includes the capability of recording still photos in very high resolution . Find it here
Also be sure to check out these summer specials from GearBest
– Folding drone for portability.
– Optical flow and pressure sensors enables steady automatic hovering of the drone without pilot input.
– Uses common 2.4Ghz WiFi. Most phones should work with this drone
– Records video in 1280 x 720 or 1408 x 800 pixel resolution, and still photos in 1M, 2M, 8M, or 4K (4096 x 3072p) resolution. Here’s a sample 4K photo
– Camera lens can be controlled remotely aimed up or down via the transmitter and your phone.
– The 3.7V 1800 mah drone battery provided close to 11 minutes of flight time.
– There is no need to purchase AA batteries for the controller as it has its own built-in 3.7V 300mah rechargeable LiPo battery. .
– In flight video can be viewed and recorded to your smartphone using the “HFun” app available on Google Play here and iTunes here App can also be used for gesture control of video and photos, and optical follow me capability.
– No SD card. Records photos and videos to your phone via WiFi only. As this drone has capability to record video or photos in very high resolution, expect increased frame dropping and lost photos at the higher resolutions.
– Advanced optical features of the app were buggy and may have been caused by momentary interuptions of the WiFi signal. They also seemed to work best under phone control of the drone (without the controller).
– The controller has no high rate selection. As such, the drone may have difficulty flying on windy days.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.