This inexpensive little quadcopter should be a great intro camera drone for beginner fliers. Available in 4K or 1080p. Also available bundled with one, two, or three batteries. Find it here
– Inexpensive drone. Should be affordable for most.
– Folding drone that’s small and unobtrusive. Easy to carry, and shouldn’t create too much problems with the drone phobic.
– Lightweight drone at 117 grams with battery. This drone may not require registration in some countries.
– Very nice flier. Nimble and fast. Advanced fliers may even enjoy this drone.
– Optical flow belly camera automatically holds the drone in steady hover.
– Altitude hold and headless mode.
– Real time FPV video can be viewed on your phone via the HFun app. Video is transmitted via 2.4Ghz WiFi, so should work with most smartphones. Camera also includes a swivel lens that can be tilted up or down.
– Uses 2.4Ghz WiFi FPV video transmission. Although the WiFi will work with most phones, it does create interference with the controller (which also operates on 2.4Ghz). Expect short FPV range (about 40 meters) and video frame dropping as a result.
– The 4K version of this drone does not appear to actually utilize a 4K image sensor (keep in mind that at this price level, it is a toy drone). Instead, the video quality appears to be similar to a 720p sensor. The video is interpolated (software enlarged) via the HFun app to 2K resolution (2048 x 1080p), and photos to 4K resolution(4095 x 3072p). But doing such only increases the file size of the photos and videos, and will not improve the 720p image quality.
– The image quality of the belly optical flow camera is even worse, and appears to be a 480p camera interpolated to 720p.
– I have not seen or evaluated the image quality of the cheaper 1080p version of this drone. But based on some of the above cons, it may very well be interpolated to 1080p from a lower resolution sensor.