There are many reasons why people want to buy a remote control drone toy. But the big question is which drone to buy for beginners?
You may start with a cheap toy mini drone, just to get the feeling,
like the Cheerson Mini drone CX10: on Amazon.
Or the small remote control drone Hubsan X4 107L:
Of course there are many different types of drones that you can purchase. If you’re just getting started you need to know that normally with rc planes or copters when the price goes up, the difficulty level increases. This is not the case when it comes to drones. More expensive drones fly better because of the added sensors and functionality to the flight controllers inside.
The Hubsan X4, is a great mini drone for the new pilot and the most cost effective starter quadcopter:
It’s best to get a RTF drone that’s ready to fly right out of the box as soon as you get it. This way, the setup has been prepared for you and all you have to do is learn how to operate it. You should know that some quadcopter drones are a lot easier to operate than others.
With the DJI Phantom 3 Quad Drone (an app controlled drone with GPS, RTF, home function and good HD video camera ) you get the best drone on Amazon for your dollar:
You’ll want to make sure that the drone you choose has at least the following capabilities:
1. Beginners fare well with drones that are marked as RTF, which means that the drone comes ready-to-fly, like this one:
UFO Quad Drone – UDI U845 HD Camera Quadcopter
2. For beginner it`s good to get a headless mode drone, because you don´t need to worry about losing orientation. Regardless of the orientation of the drone, means which way the front of the remote control flying drone is pointed to, it will always follow your commands.
Like the Cheerwing Syma X5SW Quad Drone:
3. For night flying, you need to have the ability to see, not only if you take photographs at night, but the ability to be able to keep track of the drone. It can be harder than you think to do this at night. That’s one of the reasons that you want to look for a drone that comes with LED lights.
Like the Holy Stone HS170 Quad Drone:
4. The automatic return home function, means your flying drone toys will be able to find you at the end of its journey.
Like the UDI 818A Quadcopter:
5. You want to get one that’s easy for beginners to use. To do that, you’ll want to pay attention to the flight controller. This is basically the brain of your drone. The better your flight controller, the easier your drone will be to operate.
The CX-10 Nano drone, is a cute and awesome indoor flying UAV:
6. Buying one that comes with a quick charge battery is a must. You don’t want to have to wait several hours for your battery to charge before you can fly the device more than once.
7. Many drones come with cameras. You want to make sure that the drone you buy has a decent camera. If you choose cheap over quality, then you’ll end up with a camera that doesn’t take decent shots.
Good WiFi drone camera, rc drone with live camera : Quad Drone Cheerwing Syma X5SW
Without needing to put anything together, you can just open the box and get started. Don’t make the mistake of buying a cheap video drone that you have to find a controller for or a receiver. Save that for when you’re more experienced.
Hope you enjoyed our videos of drones, a few words at the end.
Not all flying drone toys are easy to fly. The easiest drones to fly are in the upper price range. The more expensive drones fly better because of added sensors and functionality to the flight controllers inside.
Not all drones are ready to fly. There are ARF almost-ready-to-fly drone kits need assembling and leave out transmitter or receiver and many other components. The BNF bind-and-fly quadcopters are completely assembled, but coming without a controller. A RTF ready-to-fly drone is complete and does not require any major assembly or setup – it is the easiest option.
Even the best drones stay in the air for 30 minutes max., in the case of cheap models it will be much less than that. Don’t expect to be operating your remote control flying drone for hours at a time.
Thanks for watching, please subscribe to my channel.
Music: Fly Away by Otis McDonald (public domain) from the YouTube Audio Library.
Images, video clips all in the public domain.