This look alike clone of the Ryze Tello is only 80 grams with battery, and does not require registration in many countries. Find it here ALSO try this coupon for the two battery version TDYFWQCD
– Lightweight and unobtrusive. You should be able to fly this most anywhere without being hassled by the drone phobic.
– Comes with very nice carrying case for the drone, its controller, and accessories.
– Very similar in looks only to the Ryze Tello. Uses the same size motors and propellers, so you should be able to find spare motors/propellers if needed.
– Comes with its own controller. But you can also fly it with your phone.
– Records 720p HD images and video.
– Optical flow sensor that enables automatic steady hover without need for pilot input.
– In flight FPV video and advanced flight control features are available through the Locke app, available on Google Play here and iTunes here
– Uses 2.4Ghz WiFi for FPV. Nearly all phones are capable of this type of WiFi. Thus most phones (if not all) should work with this drone. As demonstrated in the video, the drone is also capable of being flown with the Mi 2 WiFi repeater for extra range and minimal frame dropping of the recorded video.
– 3.7V 1000mah battery provides over 11 minutes of flight time.
– Although a look alike clone of the Ryze Tello, it does not have the main features or capabilities of the Tello. Most notably the Locke does not have an Intel processor, video/image stabilization, nor dual IR sensors.
– Advertised with a 2K camera. Although the camera sensor of the drone may be 2K, the recorded video and images that are transmitted over WiFi are only 720p resolution. This WiFi version of the Locke drone does not have advertised 2K recording capability.
– The video and photo record buttons on the Locke controller were inoperative. It was necessary to use the app’s video/photo buttons to record video and photos.
– The Locke app includes many advanced features including follow me, orbit, up and away, waypoints, and gesture control. However most of these app features would not work properly for me.
Affiliate links: At no cost to you, I do receive a small commission for sales resulting from these links.
This video along with every video of the Quadcopter 101 channel was produced and edited with VSDC Free Video Editor. You may download this excellent, and no kidding “free” video editor here
“Awel” by stefsax
is licensed under a Creative Commons license:
music was shortened to fit length of video.